Sunday 15 June 2008

Two Rats

Went to York races for my mates stag do yesterday. Got the train from Harrogate and sat next to this incredibly fat woman with a huge baloon face wearing an amply named Fat Face branded sweatshirt, how ironic.

Anyway, my friend dressed as a giant rat was upstaged by another stag dressed in the same costume - can you believe it! We couldnt.

I managed to rip through £100 notes and didnt find a winner all day but the challenge fund is still going strong with a lay of Sweden to bt Spain HT/FT @ 15. In hindsight, this was a bad bet. 14-1 about Sweden to win at HT/FT was too big and when I placed the bet by phone I was perhaps under the influence of booze and over optimism. I won but I laid a 14-1 shot that should really have been <10-1. If I continue to operate with such ill discipline then disaster awaits.

My balance is now £485.19, I've been increasing my bank, on average, at 6.3% per bet whereas the schedule was 3% per day. I have been quite wreckless but remain unscathed, perhaps more by luck than judgement. Nearing the £500 mark I am also beginning to consider if I should bank an amount, like they do on 'The Weakest Link'. Maybe I should only ever have a maximum liability of £500 and bank any surplus over £500. According to my schedule, after 26 successful bets, my balance should be £209 so even if I banked £250+ now I'd still be on schedule. Clearly I wont acheive the 100k target if I keep doing this but it would make me more comfortable. I feel that if my liability is >£500 then my judgement becomes affected - a bit like Russian roulette. Not sure what to do but for now I just need to concentrate on achieving the £500 barrier.

No comments: