Tuesday 3 June 2008

Easy!

Following yesterday's fraught lays (2 runners-up at aggregate odds of 50.0) I've had a relatively nerveless day today, as I write I've just layed my entire bank on Aus to bt WI in the 2nd test @ 16 so things could change.

I cant access Betfair at work so I rang to get a price on Nadal to win his QF in the French Open. This fella is unbeatable at Roland Garros and expecting a quote of 1.03/4, I helped myself to 1.07 for my whole bank. Nadal dropped 3 games and my bank grew by 6.6% (remember target is 3% per bet) to £127.42.

Returning home from work (I've had another crap day), my missus and her sister, fresh from a break in Spain, were cooking my tea but I managed to sneak a small lay of Desert Stag in a 4 runner novice hurdle at Sedgefield @ 16.5 - another £7.56 for the kitty but in hindsight this was a bad call and I'll be avoiding small fields in future as the outsider won at 40-1 and reading Choristar's thread on the Betfair forum (now 350 comments strong) a few layers got stung.

The Windies need to bat out another 20 overs with 7 wickets remaining so I'm looking good for 6/6 and my bank has grown on average >6% per bet, way ahead of plan. Infact after 6 bets my bank should be £119, it will be (assuming WI hold out) £142 where I scheduled to be after 12 bets, therefore I'm only 232 bets from smashing my £100k target...

No comments: