Thursday 19 June 2008

Better day

Balance £684.06

I am now operating with a notional bank of £184.06 as I have transferred £500 to my Aussie wallet. Basically, that means my maximum liability will be £184.06 and not £684.06. I've set my next target at £1,000 when I may consider banking a further £500 - if I get there..

After blogging last night I laid Bahamas to bt Jamaica @ 11.5. The reggae boyz beat Bahamas 7-0 at the weekend in Jamaica and the return leg was also being played in Jamaica and whoever laid my £16.64 must be mad - Jamaica ran out easy 6-0 winners and it should have been 16 by all accounts.

One bet at Ascot today, Geordieland to be placed £25 @ 2.58, another £37.56 and I topped that up further this evening with a £50 back of Somerset @ 1.32 when in control against Worcester and then I lay of Portugal at half time (when 2-1 behind) @ 5.8 to win £23.77.

All in all a good day and my balance this evening is £777.25. After 39 bets my schedule tells me I should be at £302 so I am way ahead of schedule and feeling confident.

This challenge is definately teaching me a lesson in patience and discipline. Normally I do not operate any kind of plan but now I have a target and a schedule and if I continue to progress as I have been then why cant I get to 100k? I am at stage 72 of my 244 bet plan - more than 25% of the way there in terms of number of bets but less than 1% in terms of cash.

I'm feeling good about things tonight and I've just seen Conduit runs at Ascot tomorrow which makes me feel even better. Conduit ran an amazing race, albeit in less exalted company, last time out and he could be a cut above these. He's available to be placed as i write at 1.9 ish. Get on.

No comments: