Wednesday 4 June 2008

I like Wednesdays

Bank £143.32

I work from home on Wednesdays. I try to get as much done in the mornings so that I can watch a few races in the afternoons and today was no different.

I landed 4 bets today but I really need to give myself a stiff talking to. I blogged earlier in the week that I dont consider handicap races a suitable medium for laying rags seeing as every horse is supposed to have an equal chance of winning. Why, therefore, did I lay rags in 2 handicap races today! I tell you why it's because I have absolutely no discipline and this is an excellent example of my failings as a gambler of the years. Of the 10 bets I've had so far 3 have been in handicaps and they've all been placed at odds of 16, 21 & 27. I'll forgive myself the lay of Lysanders Quest @ 21 as it was in-running and the horse was clearly travelling no where near as well as the first 2 but going forward I will not be betting in handicaps before the race has started.

I almost made a balls of my back of Safina (-2.5) to bt Dementieva in the tennis too. It was on Eurosport, I was taking a quick break from work and my girlfriend was taking a nap (she's pregnant) and I found myself scouring the markets for a suitable trade and ended up fully committed on this game. I wont go into details but it was an impulsive, thoughtless bet and I was lucky to win a measly £7.54.

Despite all this I have now successfully landed 10 bets out of 10 and my Betfair balance this evening is £172.05 - well ahead of schedule. If I can increase my bank by 3% per bet for another 225 bets I'll hit my £100k target.

Good luck to all those that have started or are about to start similar challenges - let me know how you're getting on.

No comments: