Tuesday 10 June 2008

Slow and steady

Balance £332.66

Slow, steady progress today. I fancied Spain today but the pre-match quotes to lay Russia were ridiculous so I left alone. Driving home from work, Spain took the lead so I rang to get a price to lay Russia and snapped up the 24 for my entire bank to win £13.69. In hindsight I should have laid Russia from the start cause, as good as Gus Huddink is, I think Russia are an average side and were lucky to qualify ahead of England, particularly when you consider they played their home matches on an artificial surface.

I laid a rag to get beat at Southwell later in the evening at 30 increasing my bank to £357.70 but I am really nervous laying horses cause most horses, at some point during a race, look like winning and Smokincannon in the 7.30 at Southwell was no exception.

Don't seem to be many opportunities around for the next few days so its a case of protecting the bank for now and cranking it up at the weekend but still well ahead of schedule. My performance v schedule is now 25% complete - another 200 bets increasing the bank by 3% each time will increase my balance to £100k!

No comments: