Sunday 15 June 2008

Bottle

Couldnt believe the odds on offer about an England victory v NZ today. NZ were 2nd best in the test match series, got smacked up in the Twenty20 and were missing Oram, their key one day performer. I expected England to be <1.5 and snapped up £100 worth of 1.55. When McCullum was out I ploughed in again, £200 @ 1.1. I considered this a better opportunity than trying to find a 10% return in this evening's football where I just couldnt find any edge. I'm counting this as 2 bets as the first was struck before the start and the other in running. Either way they contributed a combined sum of £70 towards my balance.

I am thankful to Lance from the Betfair forum for tipping up a lay of Federer's opponent to beat the unbeatable Swiss ace 2-0 @ 21 - another £18.07. Thanks Lance if you ever read this! For me that was just such a great bet and the result was never in doubt but my liability was restricted as funds were tied up on the cricket.

All in all a good day though and after 29 succesful bets my balance now stands at £574.49.

That said I've just helped myself £50 Tiger to win the US Open at 1.71. When he's lead in majors going into the final day he's not lost and I cant see him being headed tonight either. Prior to this challenge I would have lumped on heavier but I dont need to. If he wins I will increase by balance by more than 3% so why take the risk in undoing the good work I have put in over the past 2 weeks.

£500 was my first target and I am losing a bit of bottle to be honest, I am not comfortable with my liability being bigger than £500 so I need to hatch some kind of strategy sharpish. Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

Stu Peters said...

G'luck with the Tiger bet, been trading him but got out last night when my all green was down to 1.48! Never seen a round like it, and all with a wonky pin.
Cheers,
Stu
Al Dente on Bfair.

Anonymous said...

Keep the momentum going ...
Still a long way to go, but discipline and composure will pay off at the end of the day ...
GL

Ki2