Wednesday 25 June 2008

Shocker

Well I have had a crazy few days on all fronts, so much so I havent found the time to update my blog, apologies.

I've completely lost it. I lost £100 on the horses last night and then compounded losses with a lay of Essex in the Twenty20 and placed an order to lock in a guaranteed profit that failed to get matched by 0.01 and had I not been cooking my tea I would have matched manually and saved myself from a £96.50 loss. All in all though a bad night and I went to bed last night with a balance of £550. But things got worse...

I could not understand the price on Eng to bt NZ, I expected <1.5 and thought 1.63 was a steel so loaded £250 on Eng. I attended a job interview and had to drive a few hours to get there so listened to Englands inept display on the way there and on the way back. I managed to cut out of my position to limit my loss to £112.

On arrival home I fielded a call from the interviewer to tell me I'd got the job but my thoughts centred on my lay of Turkey to qualify for the final at 5.4 for my entire bank. If Turkey qualified I'd be writing this with £2 in my account but thanks to Lahms late, undeserved winner my balance is £537.10 and I have alot of work to do to restore parity.

I've really let myself down this week and I am very pissed off with myself.

My take on the cricket run-out incident is that when Collingwood was offered the choice to send the NZ bat back to the pavillion he should have said no. Had he won as a result it would have been a hollow victory and his conduct today will last longer than any legacy he will leave as Eng captain. IMO anyway!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

P.B
Ive followed your Blog and the thread on Betfair . Its a good read, I would say take some time out as you seem a loose cannon at the moment and I would not like to see you fail.I've decided to set my own challenge £100 to £50,000 but only on the Horses as I dont bet on anything else.
Ive set a blog up on this site -
weeblewillwobblebutwillhewin.blogspot.com so You can leave your own comments if you wish. Happy Punting , Weeble.