Thursday 12 June 2008

Steaming

No progress today but consider myself unfortunate and its at times like these that I could, in poker parlance, start steaming. You see I put an order down last night to back Karlsson to make the cut in the US Open, just a small back £50 @ 1.8 and assumed it would get matched. On arriving home I flicked on Sky to see Karlsson out in front and then logged into Betfair to see my bet hadnt got matched. Spent the whole evening scratching around for a bet and delierated about backing Worcester to bt Glos in the Twenty20, Hick was in and looking on fire. Considered a bank job back at 1.15 and put an order down accordingly, market shortened, my order didnt get matched and Hick hit an unbeaten 70-odd and Worcester cantered to victory with the loss of 1 wicket - bollocks. Then, to round off a rather frustrating evening I backed Poland on the Asian (0) market at 1.26 (Poland win I win £26, Poland draw I win/lose zero, Poland lose I lose £100). Poland conceded a penalty in the 93rd minute which Austria converted and bang went any chance of a profitable day.

I didnt lose though. Balance is still £381.47 but pissed off tonight.

Reading the Betfair forum thread today I see a few people shot their stack so I guess I'm lucky to still be going. Would be good to hear similar hard luck stories to make myself feel better. If anyone can tell me how to upload a spreadsheet so that I can detail my results to date I'd be grateful.

No comments: