Thursday 26 June 2008

Control

A little bit of control returned to my betting today, not without a scare though. I laid Nadal to win 3-2 and he dropped the first set. I quite like set betting on tennis and I thought 11.5 was a good price as I dont expect anyone, apart from Fed, to take 2 sets from Nadal. My current strategy, which changes daily is to attempt to increase my bank by 5% each trade. My balance this morning was £537 so I rounded up to £600 and set a notional target of £30 (5% of £600). I'll see how it goes.

I've fielded quite afew comments from readers of this blog and from forumites that I am playing loose at the moment, and you're right. My plan is that once I hit the magical £1000 target (if!) then I will adopt a more focussed, strategic and cautious approach but for now...

My initial deposit of £100 on June the 1st is, as I write, just over £600 so I've had value for that initial investment, I'm still going and I'm still ahead of target despite my awful run.

Anyway, back to today....I got home from work and my missus was watching the tennis so I sought a trade, couldnt find one but did manage to snaffle up £7 of free money hanging around on the lay side of the televised tennis match.

I added a further £30 this evening laying Russia HT/FT so a better, more disciplined day and my balance is heading upwards again.

Thanks to all those that have taken the time to leave comments on here - please keep them coming - its nice to know that the 10-15 minutes I dedicate to my blog each evening (under the guise that I'm working) is appreciated by a few like-minded souls.

Good luck with your own challenges, please let me know how you're doing...

Night all.

No comments: