Friday 20 June 2008

1.01 gubbed

Weird day. Conduit was placed and I had £50 @ 1.88 to place. I followed that up with £25 on Yorks to bt Lancs in the latter stages of the Twenty20 @ 1.85. So, a good day and my balance up to £839.30. Then...

I really fancied Croatia tonight and laid Turkey @ 5.1 to win £25. At half time with the game still goaless I bailed out and put £25 on Croatia to win instead. Yes, I lost out on a profit and took a £25 loss but I was happy with my thought process as at 0-0 with 45 mins to go anything can happen and I feel as though I did the right thing. Furthermore, I can just about accept my decision to back Croatia because they were much the better side and I fancied them to win and to have a £25 liability instead of a £100 going into the 2nd half I felt comfortable.

Then, at full time I backed Croatia again £50 @ 1.58. So, as I write I am down on the day (about £13) when I should be about £100 up and I am feeling pretty pissed off right now. I'm not going to blame Turkey's equaliser with the last kick of the match (I was updating my blog at they scored), that's the way it goes but I cant accept my poor discipline this evening.

I must exercise caution tomorrow as it is so tempting to chase today's losses which is the undoing of so many failed bettors (myself included).

Big test ahead.

My balance this evening after 43 bets is £764.30.

No comments: