Friday 13 June 2008

Andy Murray = miserable ginger prick

I laid Murray to bt Roddick 2-0 before he pulled out, what a miserable, ginger prick that fella is. Anyway, after a day of missed opportunities yesterday I fired into a 0-0 lay of Italy v Romania. I actually think Italy look dynamite going forward and expected a much more open game today. I listened to a goal-less first half in my car as I was stuck on the M62 for an hour on the way home from work. There must have been 20+ efforts on goal in the first 45 so was relieved when Romania eventually broke the deadlock shortly after the break and having risked my entire bank @ 9.4 I bumped my balance up to £424.26.

As I write I've just risked my entire bank again backed Woods to make the cut, although only £224 has been matched so far. From my reckoning he has to shoot +6 or better today to qualify for the weekend I have this is a 1.04 chance in my book not the 1.09 I just helped myself to.

As is well documented the exchanges afford backers a huge edge; the likelyhood is that a back of a 1.03 shot is likely to offer better value than a lay of a 34.0 shot. Something to mull over for sure.

Off to a stag do at York races tomorrow, got disaster written all over it from a punting perspective. Hope I'm not crying into my beer this time tomorrow night.

No comments: