Monday 16 June 2008

Tiger's feat

Tiger dug me out of a small hole this evening having backed him entering the final round (£50 @ 1.71) and again this morning (£100 @ 1.35). In the europhia that follows a winning bet, particularly in such nail biting circumstances, I am prone to hyperbole but Tiger is surely the most tenacious, determined and controlled sportsman for decades. He continually exceed everyone's expectations and having limped round 5 rounds at Torrey Pines he still summoned the guts edge out Mediate this evening. Honestly, Tiger Woods is quite simply an amazing sportsman, perhaps the best ever.

I'm still waiting for my US Open bets to be settled but I have added approx £65 to the balance and bolstered it further with a lay of Austria to bt Germany @ 9.8 to win £23.77.

I estimate my provisional balance will be £660ish and I have now landed 32/32.

Royal Ascot starts tomorrow and there are so many horses I fancy and in normal circumstances I'd be spraying bets around all over the place but this challenge is all about waiting for the right opportunities, being patient and being controlled at all times and to that end the only horse I will be backing tomorrow will be Henry The Navigator. He bolted up ahead of the Derby winner lto and travelled and quickened like a very, very good horse. Suited by the prevailing fast ground and with nothing to worry about in opposition I'll be having a small back at around 1.66.

Thanks to those of you that have added comments on here or on the Betfair forum, please keep them coming.

No comments: