Wednesday 18 June 2008

Twat

As blogged last night I fancied End to bt NZ and loaded £100 on at 1.54 early doors, sensibly I laid back when it was clear the match was going to be shortened so I was patting myself on the back when I watched Eng struggle to a modest 162 from their 26 overs. Infact, mid way through England's innings I thought NZ looked a great price in running at 1.5 and promptly backed NZ. Now, with NZ in a win position and with 8 wickets in hand the umpires call the game off! Ridiculous.

To be honest it's not been my day. Caught up in the Bankable hype and fervour I backed him £25 at just shy 2-1. I backed a horse in a 30 runner handicap and less than 2-1. I have absolutely no excuse other than the old me surfaced earlier today. The Bankable bet just about encapsulates everything bad about my betting over the past 20 years and it was an idiotic bet. Note to oneself this evening, dont be such a twat in future.

Readers of this blog will know I've been considering siphoning off some of my bank and after much deliberation I have taken the advice of a poster on the Betfair forum today. I've transferred £500 to my Betfair Australian wallet so I am now playing with the excess, about £168. I am still ahead on the 244 bets to 100k challenge so I guess I have time to keep changing my strategy as long as I stay on track.

As I speak that £168 is about to increase by £16 or so 'cause I laid Sweden @ 11.5 after going 1-0 down v Russia. Russia looked very good tonight and will give Holland a game I reckon.

It's been an odd day but despite today's highs/lows I've only taken a step back of about £9 so although my 33 bet winning sequence has been broken I am still on track and live to fight another day.

No comments: