Monday 2 June 2008

Dodged a few bullets this evening...

My girlfriend is spending a few days in Spain so I was looking forward to picking out a few lays at Windsor on AtTheRaces following a crap day at the office. Anyway, I thought North South Divide looked a stone cold lay in the 7.30; a maiden, unproven on softish ground, no course form in a competitive 14 runner handicap and unsupported in the market. I risked my entire bank @ 16 and watched nervously as he ran a close 2nd.

Then, heart still pumping, I again risked my entire bank @ 34 on Lipocco in the 8.00; returning from a 261 day absence, unproven on the ground and unsupported in the market. He broke well, led and was only headed in the shadows of the post by the favourite, thankfully.

Can you believe I chose 2 lays and they both finished 2nd at 16 & 34! I decided to leave the remaining races and update this blog instead but I'm asking myself a number of questions like should I be laying horses in handicaps as they're all theoretically supposed to have an equal chance and should I be laying horses returning from a lengthy break; who knows how much they may have improved in that time.

My bank is now £119.29 having successfully negotiated 3 of my 244 bets...just!

No comments: