Saturday 7 June 2008

Temptation

With so many sporting events on saturdays there is a temptation to bet on everything and its hard to resist the temptation to try to accelerate the bank way ahead of schedule. Remember, this challenge is about increasing the bank by 3% 244 times in a row. I had 6 successful bets today but spread across the day so I'm happy to have resisted so many opportunities to bet. On a normal saturday I would have had dozens of bets so this is a positive step change. Furthermore I almost certainly would have laid New Approach - I thought he had so much against him today; questionable attitude, ran 2 weeks ago, trainer wasnt going to run him etc etc but instead I took the option to lay outsider Frozen Fire @ 22.

The day started well, I scoured the cricket markets and couldnt believe someone was prepared to lay a NZ batsman to get 100 @ 1.14 with 4 wickets down and the batsmen in on 11 and 7 - no way would either of them or the tail get a ton, I made it a 1.02 shot and someone was prepared to lay me 1.14! Must have been a rick or an error by the layer cause that price didnt last and the tail didnt even avoid the follow on. This accelerated my balance by 13.3% - my best trade so far.

All in all a good day and now 16/16 and my balance is £241.77. I need to lay another 213 x 33-1 shots to hit target.

Would be good to learn of the progress of others.

3 comments:

hustler147 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hustler147 said...

I enjoy reading this mate. doing something similar at http://100quidto10k.blogspot.com/

it all good fun! lol

lee said...

keep it up mate, i went to derby yesterday, so didnt do any lays, im back at it today tho. good luck to u.