Saturday 21 June 2008

Losing it

As I write I have £50 on Holland to qualify @ 1.64 following their late equaliser - they looked the better side towards the end of the 2nd half, deserved the equaliser and I expected them to be <1.5. Anyway the result will determine whether I finish the day up or down.

I've lost control today, rather than bore you with my bets let's just say I've lost the patience and discipline that has got my bank >£800. My lowlights today are cutting out of winning positions on rugby and cricket - signs that my confidence is waiving. Had I let both bets run I would have won, but ended up losing on both.

Worst bet of the day has to be £50 on Meydan City, unraced in a maiden at Newmarket backed purely because of his price tag $11.5m. Yes $11.5m and guess what he lost. To back an unraced 2yo at odds on is madness and I deserved to lose. Idiot.

My 2 fancies of the day both drifted to twice their morning price (Muftarres at Redcar and Fithofforth at Lingfield), naturally I backed them at the low price and both won easily.

I ploughed over a ton on Tunisia to bt Burundi as I'd never heard of Burundi, I thought it was a fish, and Tunisia are a decent outfit under Roger Lemerre. They won, but only just, at 1.17.

As I write Russia seem to be dictating play and look the stronger side and if they win I will be about £25 down on the day to compound yesterday's late losses.

Another piss poor day, I could really do with a touch of Dutch magic...win or lose though I will still be >£700 and still on schedule but I'm struggling big style and feel as though I'm in danger of blowing the good work I've done to date.

For any fellow challenge followers Kaymer wont relinquish a 6 shot lead tomorrow and is available to back at 1.2.

Fuck it, Russia just scored.

2 comments:

TDTF said...

Stay strong my friend !
Take a day away if hunting bets is getting too much for you.

Good luck from a lurker who rarely posts.

TDTF

Anonymous said...

Some advice, your ahead anyway right? So take a few days off because you seem to be making rash decisions when you need to not be.

MO