Monday 23 June 2008

Bad to Worse (then a bit better)

Tough day yesterday, not only did I have to endure sunday lunch at the mother-in-laws I also had to follow the progress (capitulation) of Kaymer in the BMW International on the PC in her spare room upstairs under cover that I was 'working'.
Kaymer gave a way a 6 shot lead...then won in a play-off and as I drove home I was breathing a huge sigh of relief and weighing up the evening match between Spain/Italy and talked myself into a lay of the 0-0 @ 9 for a £200 liability. I then watched 90 minutes of painful football and no goals!

Into extra time and still steaming I backed no next goal for 1.82 but I was still down >£120 on the day and my balance now £622.53.

So pissed off with last nights lay that I couldnt even bring myself to update this blog so apologies regular readers.

I was somewhat disconsolate when I updated my progress/regress on the Betfair forum last night and I'd like to thank those that have offered genuinely decent advice to slow down before I blow my hard earned bank chasing weekend losses.

Got home from work this evening and my missus was at her mums and I had a free evening to watch the cricket and racing on Sky. With so many opportunities on offer I couldnt resist 2 bets - and they both won:

£50 on Dazzling Dust to be placed @ 1.93 (I expected 1.6)
£20 lay of 3m 2f chaser Yes Sir @ 15 in a 1m 4f mdn at Chepstow (drifted to 30)

So, I've won £63.24 this evening and my balance has taken a well needed boost to £685.77.

Perhaps, more significantly I resisted the temptation to back handicap 'good thing' Spin at Windsor. I've said for a while i wont be getting involved in handicaps and for once, i stuck to my guns. I really do feel that non-handicaps are the way forward and I particularly like the shape of backing horses to be placed in races of 8-12 runners featuring strong favs. Dazzling Dust was 10-11 to be placed with the front 3 in the betting clear and 23 bar, that's the kinds of bets I'm going to be sniffing out in the future not backing short priced favs in handicaps.

Anyway, a little pride restored. The clatter of the front door tells me my missus is on her way upstairs so best switch the channel from ATR and sign off.

Thanks for reading, night all.

2 comments:

William Thomas said...

Hi would you mind forwarding on the excel spreadsheet?
cha24614@hotmail.com

Best of luck with it, remember Rome wasnt built in a day, take your time!

Anonymous said...

Well done clwing back some from the dreadfull 0-0 its/spa game.

your still well up so just take it easy and pinpoint some good bankers.

i've only started this yesterday with half the bank needed, as im skint from flinging money on stupid bets.

i dont know if your into tennis but this first round has some good opportunities.

good luck!